Friday, February 28, 2014

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



☆☆☆☆☆

No Spoilers!

August 1st 2007 I was 22 years old and finishing up my summer courses so I could graduate early. I had recently broken up with a long term boyfriend, was living with roommates, and was on the verge of throwing out everything I owned and taking my dog and my backpack on an adventure. I was on the cusp of a great change, one I somewhat understood and equally couldn't begin to understand. It is only now that many years has past that I can see that was when I chose my path on the kind of life I wanted to lead: one based on fear or one motivated by a challenge. I have a distinct memory of being absolutely wrecked when I read this the first time and I reread it immediately after I finished. There was something about Neville's journey most of all that spoke to me and was reflected in my life at the time but I struggled putting it all together.



It is only now that I have reread this series in it's entirety as an adult that it became clear. We are a sum of our choices. No matter what events unfold in our journey ultimately we are in charge of the outcome, to be true to our moral fiber, and to continue to live an inspired life on your terms. I'm not going to talk about this book, there is nothing I can say that has not been said a thousand times over. I will simply suggest that if you find yourself on the cusp of a great change and are hesitant to take the next steps, please remember:

 photo 49873588e4a21f77494e9f46c892e150_zpsc0879c34.jpg




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment