Tuesday, September 2, 2014

He Ain't Lion (Ridgeville, #1) by Celia Kyle

He Ain't Lion (Ridgeville, #1)He Ain't Lion by Celia Kyle

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


☆☆☆
Actual 3.5


No spoilers and colorful language abound!



 photo anigif_enhanced-22476-1409567598-5_zps383aeb87.gif




I'm not really sure of the details on how this ended up on my Kindle other than my babes Ange and Sarah got this for free awhile back from Amazon and we were going to BR it at some point. I decided to DNF the Accidental Alchemist, I needed something short to fill the rest of my night. So, here we are. Turns out this was kind of awesome. I wouldn't necessarily peg myself as a were-smut-lover, it is a specific niche, but I'm glad I gave it a try. I spent the night giggling, blushing, and totally enjoying all the things.

First up, Kyle does not mess around and you are not going to find a lot of wooing and romance here. Literally, the first page, third paragraph he's talking about banging the girl that walks into his club. Snort. Naughty sex ensues a whopping 7 pages later. He does all sorts of macho manly bullshit that typically sends me over the edge into feminist rant land, but not this time. I like smut that doesn't take itself too seriously, and Kyle hit the mark here.


 photo tfeyaintmadgifw584_zps0cb1e2f2.gif


I also think a shorter book can get away with a little more nonsense when written with a sense of humor, and this is exactly that. The sex is good, the characters are funny, it's got a great pace to it, and doesn't drown you in gross. Looking for a little campy-smutty-quirky fun read, this is it! I also really love books like this as pallet cleansers, it resets your mind so you can go back into reading something a little heavier. Good thing she's got a whole bunch more to read!






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment