Saturday, December 27, 2014

2014 Reading Challenge, Failures and Goals

Merp.

It is December 27th and the new year will ring itself brightly into existence in exactly four days. According to the taunting helpful tracker on GoodReads I have read 87 of the 100 books I set out to conquer, leaving me 4 days to read and review 13 things. Turns out I have no fucks to give about this. Oh well. I'm not a huge fan of failure, and I'm certainly not all about setting goals just to abandon them in the last leg of the race, but I'm going to cut myself some slack. Boldly look into the future and all that jazz. Or something.

New Years Goals:

  1. Make more realistic goals.
  2. Complete my series of The 5 Books That Made Me Fall In Love With Reading (#3-#5 in the works)
  3. Read 1 paper book a month. Seriously. I'm addicted to my Kindle.
  4. Complete my top 10 favorite reads of 2014 blog post before the end of January. Lulz. 
  5. Read 1 smut novel a month. Because.
  6. Um… stop drinking coffee at 4pm so that I'll be up all night to read. 






Hahaha. OK so #6 is a stretch but that's cool cause I'm the boss of me.

Alright, I need to go work on this Golden Son review… cause shit is late going up.

xoxoxo

Erica

2 comments:

  1. These are good good goals lady. Now what is this "5 books that made me fall in love with reading"? I want to read that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun little challenge I set up for myself - I was in a book funk and needed to remember why I loved reading to begin with.

      http://ericapetiteame.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-five-books-that-made-me-fall-in.html

      http://ericapetiteame.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-five-books-that-made-me-fall-in_26.html

      Delete