Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

My rating: 3 of 5 stars




☆ ☆ ☆

No spoilers and colorful language abound!


So... you know when you read a book but at the end you just shrug to yourself quietly giving your brain permission to forget the whole thing?


 photo awkward-silence_zps41cd94b2.gif



Heh.



The thing is the first third of this book was marvelous. Had the entire book taken that route, I would be shouting from the rooftops. It was creepy, fast paced, enthralling, dark, ominous, in short all the things I look for in a vampire book. Then everything stopped and it became a fucking nature walk.

I don't really have much to say about the middle, so I'll just go ahead and share my notes with you.

This solo woods journey is too many pages.
Ugh, of course he has blonde hair and blue eyes.
Ruth needs to stop.
Jeb is an asshole, I bet he will do something huge to redeem himself.
Really, a tent keeps UV rays out?
How does she clean the dirt out from under her nails?
Hmm, motorcycles. Where the fuck are they getting gasoline?
No, no, no. Awkward forced romance is...awkward.
Ahhhhh, Jackal now you, I find interesting. More of him.
Rabids are inconsistent.
Zeke, enough.
Oh, 92% and they are fighting for their lives? You know, let me go check out Zulily real quick.

That's it. If the readers train of thought is "let me go check out some online shopping page" in the thick of action, you need to rethink the plot. It's not a bad book, the beginning and end were rather entertaining but the middle was dreadful. I'm really hoping for more Jackal, Kanin and overall vampire goodness because the human kumbaya in the woods was getting on my fucking nerves.

ONWARDS.










View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment