Thursday, February 19, 2015

Fate's Edge (The Edge #3) by Ilona Andrews

Fate's Edge (The Edge, #3)Fate's Edge by Ilona Andrews

My rating: 4 of 5 stars




☆☆☆☆


No spoilers and colorful language abound!


On the Edge (Book 1)



Bayou Moon (Book 2)



Ah! This, again, took me awhile to sink into. I'm not sure why I find the beginning of all of these books so tedious, but somehow I plow through, because I know how worth it, it is to finish. They are so good. I think I had forgotten how negatively I felt throughout most of the entire first book, yet I gave it a descent rating, they won me over with that ending. That seems to be the theme of me and these books.

Can I just say how happy I am about this world? Also, how equally sad I am that it's ending? I feel really comfortable now with the rules and landscapes of The Weird and The Broken and The Edge. I am deeply invested in the political environment between the various territories. With the switch in MCs each book, we are given a deeper attachment to these fascinating dual realities, I am excited yet sad to be starting the last book.

Fate's Edge I think was my favorite. Kaldar was everything I expected and then some. Sigh. His humor had me cackling in the dark, in the wee hours of the morning.


 photo anigif_enhanced-17759-1418914171-19_zps2diiuer7.gif


Overall the humor in this book was on point. Jack and George are a wealth of endearing charm, I am so pleased we've gotten bits of their story since the beginning and we seem to be following it through. I wonder if they would ever pick up the story again when the boys are grown up! YEAH. That should happen.


 photo tumblr_m6xsmvrHrJ1rox0vu_zps195718b0.gif


Anyway, time to read on.






No comments:

Post a Comment