Monday, January 26, 2015

The Boss by Abigail Barnette

The Boss (The Boss, #1)The Boss by Abigail Barnette

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


☆☆☆

No spoilers and colorful language abound! P.S. this is free on Amazon!


 photo anigif_enhanced-3275-1417221316-9_zpsngveshli.gif


I was not expecting to like this. I was wrong.

Just because I'm not into D/s smexy stuff, doesn't mean I don't find it entertaining to read about. One must broaden their horizons and junk. In fact, I'd go as far as to say this is what FSoG should have been, it was down right empowering to read about a women taking control what and how she wanted it. Now, if you like your smut chock full of emotionally crippled men with a penchant for stalking, a knack for all kinds of abuse and a complete lack of communication skills, this is not the book for you!

I believe this is the "right time right place" kind of book. I don't know about you, but I have to be in the right frame of mind to read smut/romance books. Aside from the bit of cheese in the bginning and the fairly predictable ending, this was a home run! It's well written, and the rose colored glasses by which everyone lives isn't overwhelming. I don't know when I'll reach for the 2nd installment, but I'm sure it won't be too long from now. Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment