Saturday, November 25, 2017

Hidden Legacy #4 Needs to Happen


I got to the end of Wildfire (HL #3), which was exceptional btw, and I felt a slithering tendril of panic creep into my thoughts. What was happening with the epilogue... was this some sort of thinly veiled closure? I couldn't breathe. I reassured myself that Ilona Andrews would never do this to me (because when you've read and fallen madly in love with every single thing they have written, it feels personal) and I went about gif hunting for my review.

I struggled for the rest of the day trying to decide what I should read next. Nothing on my TBR shelf seemed all that appealing, none of it was what I wanted. So, like the IA junkie I am, I scoured their blog for hints on the next installment...only to find that this was a trilogy. As in, only three books? Could this be correct? No, oh god no.

Now I sit here obsessively contemplating all the reasons why there is no way in fuckery this can be a trilogy. I do not accept.

  • The story line is marvelous.
  • These characters are stunningly developed.
  • The world. Oh fuck this world. It's wondrous. 
  • The magic. The Houses. The drama. Superb! 


This cannot be the end. I read an interview on Heroes and Heartbreakers where they said this:
We’d like to, but Wildfire is the last book we are contracted for. It would largely depend on Avon and our editor Erika Tsang. If they chose not to continue with the series, we will probably self-publish more stories in the future.

So, from one Erica to another, get it together, and sign them up for another three books. This series is easily one of their best.  I need more. We the fans need more. Don't make me start a hashtag and petition on change.org.




No comments:

Post a Comment