Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tempest Reborn (Jane True, #6) by Nicole Peeler

Tempest Reborn (Jane True, #6)Tempest Reborn by Nicole Peeler

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No spoilers and colorful language abound!


It has been eight days since I finished this series. I haven't read anything since, I've been avoiding my lap top and by proxy avoiding writing this review. It has taken binge watching Star Trek and Pride and Prejudice to pull me out of this slump.  You see, I was not mentally prepared for this to be the final installment of the series. The plot indicated that it was in fact the end, but I read the synopsis several times over and held out blind hope that it was impossible because it says absolutely nothing about this being the finale.


 photo Fin-Rage-Face-Expressions-On-Adventure-Time_zpsb2895ff1.gif





WHY THE HELL WAS IT NOT MADE MORE CLEAR THAT THIS IS THE LAST BOOK? DO YOU KNOW WHAT KIND OF MENTAL PREPARATION IT TAKES TO READ THE FINAL INSTALLMENT OF A SERIES YOU'VE SPENT THE LAST HOWEVER MANY DAYS IMMERSING YOURSELF IN AND FALLING IN LOVE WITH. A HELL OF A FUCKING LOT OF PREPARATION, DAMMIT.

At some point in this book I went on a stalking mission, I had to find out when the next one was coming out, who Nicole Peeler is, and where I could get more of whatever she was writing. I learned three things, first that there is a new series happy shimmy. Secondly, Nicole Peeler is fucking awesome. Lastly, this was the last Jane True book.


 photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7764-1400603794-36_zps90fdbfae.gif



I fucking loved this series. I'm picking up everything Nicole Peeler is putting down, forever and always.


I've been completely unable to articulate my absolute adoration for this series from the start. I've taken some time to ponder this, as a reviewer I'm usually somewhat okay at slapping some words together to formulate a proper review. Not Jane True. I think I greatly underestimated how wonderful this series is. How much I love the characters and plot and world and all the things.

I think I struggled with it so much because I didn't see how madly in love I was with it. It just creeped in slowly, I'd wake up and think about Jane and her awesome universe and just bounce into the story. It was easy, entertaining, simple, joyful, and intoxicating. I did not see this coming. I forgot how wonderful it is to sit down and feel happy to read. No emotional hostage situations, just feel good, FUCK YES THIS BOOK feelings.

The funny part in all of it, is that's exactly what happened. It hit me hard to say goodbye to this. If you are looking for a funny, quirky, feel good read THIS IS THE SERIES FOR YOU.

DO IT.


 photo Brooklyn99Insider-Rosa-Beatriz-Pieisamazing_zpsf4455207.gif









View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment