Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Tracking the Tempest (Jane True, #2) by Nicole Peeler

Tracking the Tempest (Jane True, #2)Tracking the Tempest by Nicole Peeler

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No spoilers and colorful language abound!

Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1)

This is exactly what I want to be reading right now. Do you know how rare that is? To randomly stumble upon a book series that is perfectly tuned into your headspace and suddenly you are all "screw your TBR shelf, I'mma crawl into this world and stay here". Alright, I didn't really get down to it in the first book review because I was busy having a feminist rant so let's try again.

I straight up like Jane True. She's a halfling; half-human + half-selkie, she is loyal and sincere, a little awkward and corny as fuck, she also has a thing for man nipples and makes no apologies. She has little chats with her libido and embraces all the things that make her, her . She is refreshing, it is so fucking nice to read an MC who doesn't hate herself.



I will not get caught up in feminist rant 2.0. I will not.


 photo tumblr_lsxqffuIn91qfn8beo1_500_zps8952023d.gif


I enjoyed the transition between the first and the second book, speaking mainly to the point that Peeler found her formula, and I like it. A lot of what is happening is fairly predictable but I don't even mind. When it's done right, it's enjoyable and that's that. I'm particularly enjoying seeing Jane's growth, personally and magically. She's unwaveringly honest with herself, and that really comes to the surface in this installment. The cast of supporting characters are absolutely fantastic and I have a hard time trying to decide who is my favorite. Basically, they all make me feel like this:


 photo anigif_enhanced-7873-1393024511-17_zpsb906f894.gif


I do this every time I have an entire series on my Kindle. I finish a book and immediately start the next one and forget what the hell I wanted to say in the review! I guess I'll let that statement speak for itself, it's just a good time.


 photo tumblr_lo03ylxvra1qba0x71_zpsb811b171.gif








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment