Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas

Dangerous GirlsDangerous Girls by Abigail Haas

My rating: 4 of 5 stars




☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No spoilers and colorful language abound!

Buddy Read with Kat!

 photo anigif_enhanced-25969-1395460238-4_zps8c617ee8.gif

Dear Publisher and any peoples responsible for this cover art:

You have done a great disservice to this book, this cover is fucking atrocious on all counts. There is not an singular aspect about it that is acceptable but somehow together it's a clusterfuck of bad. This book is so much better than this cover, do something about it.




OK. So now that I got that off my chest, let's proceed. This book is a little outside my typical go to read, for starters it's YA but I can see now that it's not YA , it just happens to be about teenagers but this is nothing like the angsty, near-sighted nonsense that happens in what you've come to expect from the genre. It's a mystery but also a perceptive piece on media exploitation and how truly circumstantial evidence can be, how easily manipulated depending on the presentation. I think that is something that will stick with me and I for one truly appreciate a life lesson learned via reading and not the hard way, so thanks Haas!
I was particularly entranced by the way the story unfolds, each flashback is a new perspective on the multidimensional characters, each reveal of the present leaves you anxious and speculating. Dangerous Girls is a whirlwind read that will surprise you at each turn. I'm going to keep my review short, because this is one of those books you just have to experience . If I can impart anything, please wash this cover from your mind and give it a chance, really excellent read!









Looks at cover…

 photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-12417-1395682528-17_zpsf78cab74.gif


Looks at friend reviews…

 photo anigif_enhanced-29597-1394494615-25_zps788c9467.gif



 photo tumblr_mau0cwqQkX1rvc1g2_zps276b0665.gif


Soon.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment