Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Dex-Files (Experiment in Terror, #5.7) by Karina Halle

The Dex-Files (Experiment in Terror, #5.7)The Dex-Files by Karina Halle

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


☆ ☆ ☆ ☆


No spoilers and colorful language abound!


 photo 6d053a77-5a77-4c68-aad4-6d419387bb45_zpsebb7b379.gif


I am really glad that I read this.





First of all, for the past 5 books of this series I've been a Dex hater. If I were to ponder all the reasons why, most likely it's because he is familiar to me and unlike in fantasy land, fuckwads don't suddenly find the right girl and stop being an asshole. They are who they are until life lays a swift and all encompassing beat down, until they lose everything and they are forced to examine themselves. Then they must make a choice, to either change and live a meaningful life or continue to live in denial finding people to feed off of until they are old and washed up. Unfortunately, most fall into the latter.

There was always something missing from the EIT series that really allowed me to brush him off as an asshole. Sure with each new installment we would be given a hint of his past but nothing substantial enough to soften my feelings towards him. Then I read this. Not that I can or will ever excuse his clear behavior patterns, but I can at least understand him now.

Bonus: Dex is a very dirty boy, this is quite the read!

I highly suggest reading this if you are a fan of the EIT books, even more so if you are a Dex hater. I wish I had known about this when I started, I would have read along with the books.

Enjoy!

P.S.

 photo shockeddianna_zpsff99f634.gif












View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment