Monday, April 28, 2014

Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews

Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No spoilers and colorful language abound!

Magic Bites Review
Magic Burns Review


 photo woo_zps219adcf7.gif


I came into this read prepared, I took notes of my favorite quotes, I jotted ideas and funny quips, I was going to continue to review this series with a coherent and tangible thread of consciousness. I was, I was, I was, blah blah blah, am I right? I'm like the last kid arriving at the cool table here, I don't need to talk about the plot there are a 1000+ reviews doing exactly that above me. It's cool, that's not really my style anyway. I like to talk about my feels, get them out of my head and in text so I can continue on my reading journey. The truth is I'm feeling giddy, anxious and a little aggravated as my kindle is sitting next to my lap top, with Magic Bleeds screaming at me to forget this review nonsense and keep reading. If I abandon my plight now, I will never return and it will forever be yet another one of those things I said I would do, and then didn't finish.




It's happening, fan girl gif dump in 3…2…1…

 photo tumblr_mqc9ztQGaQ1sa7ko3o1_400_zpsf3f6209b.gif



 photo tumblr_m0c8l6S0X91rqfhi2o1_500_zps3016543c.gif




 photo tumblr_m8rh9spKN71qdgj46o1_500_zpsd52e9cf7.gif



 photo 346mau9_zpsb89f407c.gif


Alright let's do this, bitches.

First and foremost I am in shock that Kate's badassery has transcended my previously established heights into new territory. My girl crush as exploded in a fury of admiration, envy, and down right awe. She is by far the most impressive female MC I've had the pleasure of getting to know, and I'm loving how each new step strengthens her will to fight the battle she knows is coming. We all know how lethal she is, but something more is happening here and she's steeling herself mentally while simultaneously learning a valuable lesson; she cannot and will not stand alone in her crusade whether she likes it or not. I'll just let that sentence smoothly transition to those standing with her more specifically, Curran.


 photo tumblr_inline_mmrx51nVzg1qz4rgp_zpsc5c477df.gif


Curran. Curran. Curran. Curran. Curran. Curran. Curran. Curran. Curran. Curran. Kate and Curran fighting. Kate and Curran glaring at each other.

Annnnnnnd, I'm back. Woo. DAMMITTHATHOTTUBSCENEWASTOOSHORTNEEDMOREHOWDIDSHEWALKAWAY. I think that's all I can say about that right now.

Interestingly the plot is starting to matter more to the bigger picture, with the introduction of some bigger players. It seems as though Kate might have spilled her secret, or at least somewhat and I'm really looking forward to seeing that unfold. There are so many aspects to this series, so many layers and relationships, characters and subplots I can't help but fall madly in love with it as a whole. However unless I write a novela I simply cannot touch on, all I can say is YOU HAVE TO READ THIS SERIES. That and I'd just like to thank I.A. for writing such a formidable series, you've got me hook line and sinker.

I have to go now, I can no longer hold off the call of Magic Bleeds, I'm sure you understand.




 photo Give_it_to_me_zps9f16c1bd.gif







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment